What is the difference between marmalade with fresh fruits and marmalade with frozen fruits?
You often ask us why Garden Τales jams have such vibrant colors and rich flavor.
Unlike many commercial jams, which primarily use frozen fruits, Garden Tales jams, marmalade, and preserves are made only with fresh fruits harvested at the peak of their ripeness. This results in a product with the freshest and most vibrant fruit flavors!
Here’s a breakdown of the critical differences between fresh fruits and frozen fruits marmalade:
- Flavor: Fresh fruit jams tend to have a more intense and immediate fruit flavor. The taste can be influenced by the fruit’s natural sugars, acidity, and nuances specific to each fruit variety, and the unique flavors of the ripe fruits shine through, creating an explosion of taste in every bite.
- Color: The color of jams made with frozen fruits can be slightly paler or duller compared to fresh fruit jams, as freezing can cause some color loss.
- Preservative-Free: Fresh fruit jam doesn’t rely on artificial preservatives. The natural sugars help maintain freshness for an extended period of time!
- Unparalleled Freshness: When you open a jar of fresh fruit jam, you’re opening a jar of pure freshness. The fruits used in these jams are handpicked at their prime, preserving their natural vibrancy and juiciness.
- Texture: The texture of jam made with fresh fruits can be chunkier and may contain larger pieces of fruit. Jams made with frozen fruits tend to be smoother in texture, as the freezing process can break down the fruit’s cell walls.
- Nutrient-Rich: Fresh fruit jam is not just a tasty treat! It’s a nutritious one, too. Fruits are a great source of essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. By spreading fresh fruit jam on your morning toast or adding it to your yogurt, you’re giving your body a boost of goodness to start the day!
So, if you’re searching for a jam that fills your life with the natural sweetness of freshly picked fruit, try Garden Tales preserves!